1. Watch the sunset or sunrise. And not just a quickie. Bring some wine or coffee. Sit, relax and enjoy.
2. Go see local art. Plenty of art galleries and one or two museums.
3. Go to the beach. Any beach. Swim. Float and let the water relax your body.
4. Eat Local. Either fresh local fruit from a farmers market or dine out and make sure the restaurant sources locally grown as much as possible, not just one menu item. Also make sure they are locally owned and operated.
5. Go to a luau. Old Lahaina Luau is my favorite. Authentic.
6. Listen to local live music. Hawaiian music. Not a DJ or backing tracks. LIVE local music.
7. Sleep in. Read in bed. Better yet, snuggle up and just relax with someone you love.
8. Go to church or synagogue. Re-connect. Especially if you don’t usually attend a house of worship in your home town. And if you pray best on a mountain top in nature, well we have those too.
9. Visit a working farm. Any kind of farm. We are the only state in the US that grows coffee, chocolate and vanilla. Go find one.
10. Shop local. Yes, we appreciate you coming to Maui. Yes, you probably need to bring something back from Maui to the dog sitter, house sitter, etc. Please make sure your gifts are 100% Maui made, for obvious reasons.