As many of you know, I am a member of Slow Food Maui. (Suggest you visit www.slowfoodmaui.org and take a peek). This morning as I was petting the little dog with one foot, drinking coffee with my right hand while turning the newspaper with my left hand and dictating an email out loud to my daughter, I realized how silly it was. I stopped and laughed out loud. Then after I got everyone off to school/work I opened my Slow Food Maui email and it read “How to Slow Down” from an organization called Slow Down Now. I’m serious, here is their website www.slowdownnow.org. May I suggest that you slow down now and read it?
How to Slow Down
1. Drink a cup of tea, put your feet up and stare idly out of the window. Warning: Do not attempt this while driving.
2. Do one thing at a time. Remember multitasking is a moral weakness (except for women who have superior brain function).
3. Do not be pushed into answering questions. A response is not the same as an answer. Ponder, take your time.
4. Learn our Slow Manifesto.
5. Yawn often. Medical studies have shown lots of things, and possibly that yawning may be good for you.
6. Spend more time in bed. You have a better chance of cultivating your dreams (not your aspirations.)
7. Read the slow stories.
8. Spend more time in the bathtub. (See letter from Major Smythe-Blunder.)
9. Practice doing nothing. (Yes this is the difficult one.)
10. Avoid too much seriousness. Laugh, because you’re only alive on planet earth for a limited time.